Friday, June 4, 2010

5k...

    Note to self:  Do not watch professional women runners running an 800 meter race before you run your first 5k.  Self, you have really messed up your Self confidence!  Oh yes... and Self, that cookie you ate to make your SELF feel better didn't work either.
     So yesterday morning I was so excited that I wanted to watch and take notes.  These powerful beautiful women were running half a mile in under 2 minutes.  Their legs were like cement slabs, the song "Brick House," kept ringing in my ears.  I thought my 5 minute half mile was pretty good.  Turns out I truly am just a beginner, and I think i might have made peace with that after that chocolate chip cookie, or four.
     I have to get up at 6:15 am, and I might not sleep because of my nerves.  I keep telling myself it is just for fun, and its only my first time, but I have worked so hard to get here that I am determined to run the whole thing.
   I tried to eat my oatmeal today and couldn't.  I hope that this in not a sign.  Sparkles found two four leaf clovers yesterday so I am hoping that one of those was meant for me; smile.  Although, Sparkles isn't feeling herself today either, so maybe this is the storm... before the kick butt!
     Wish me luck!  Ill let you know tomorrow evening how it goes, hopefully I can run this thing in 35 minutes, here's hoping.

2 comments:

CJ said...

GOOD LUCK! Just do it! "It" meaning your personal best...no need for comparing...you are doing "It" for you :}
I'm proud of you already...I'm not even brave enough to try. I've thought about a 5k....

Unknown said...

I did it! What Im proudest of is I didn't stop to walk even one time. I jogged very slow, but in the end I passed all the ones that started off quickly, I just kept the same pace throughout and the feeling I got for just finishing was enough for me! Thank you!