Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Brand New Day!

     O what a week.  We all had a little dose of the sickies, but this morning I woke up at 8 a.m., made breakfast, went running, 25 minutes straight and walked 10.  My little Raine's rash went away finally, but their behaviour has been out of control this last week.  I decided that from now on I will keep to the whole foods diet and keep the caffeine and high fructose corn syrup out, and continue to cut way back on the gluten.  It definitely seemed to work, but last week we fell off the wagon due to how cheap and easy the alternative was.
     I spent 80 dollars on an entire 12 meals of healthy whole foods with my savvy self.  I did the math too.  At over 20 dollars a meal eating out, we have saved over 160 dollars in 4 days!  Keep that up and it is over 1200 dollars a month!  I know that I didn't eat out 3 meals a day, but even once a day is too much on any salary.
     The 5k is this Saturday!  All week long I am hydrating and eating all the right foods, like berries, nuts, Greek yogurt, peanut butter, healthy carbs, and lots of water, lean protein, and vegetables.  Sparkles, the nickname of my bestie, is running with me and gave me this great link to take a look at.  It helped me figure out some great meal ideas for this week just for my runs.  http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-300--13352-0,00.html
     One huge tip, it is great to have a partner when you have a fitness goal.  Sparkles and I check in with each other each time we run to see where we are, and its not a competition, but a motivation for us.  I'm not sure how I would get out of bed to run if I didn't have a friend relying on me!  Good luck!

No comments: