Thursday, May 20, 2010

Beauty Blog I: Hair

      This is my hair.  I am not bragging, but I have had a lot of compliments on my hair!  So I am going to share my little secret.  I wash my hair only 3 times a week!  Twice a week I use Head and Shoulders shampoo and conditioner.  It doesn't matter what type either because I learnt the secret to beautiful healthy hair was number one not to strip the oils by washing everyday, and number two, like the commercial, it starts with your scalp.
     Now, once a week I use Organix (which you can find at walmart) Coconut Milk shampoo and conditioner.  I love the smell and the fact that it is organic.  It also has egg whites in it for shine.  Love it!
     After every shampoo I learned that using a hair oil like Moroccanoil doesn't way it down, but actually gives my hair more texture and a healthy shine.  In order to get some volume I use Pureology's root lift.  First off all of Pureology's products are vegan friendly, or organic, and secondly it is safe if you color your hair, which I usually don't, but have recently darkened it a bit.  So, I hope this helps any of you find something that will work for you. :)

1 comment:

becks said...

Jessi,
I have tried going 2 days w/out washing my hair, but it's impossible for me. How do you do it when you work out so much... my hair feels dirty even if I use dry shampoo.