Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tip of the Day Sunday... Over Indulgence.

Over Indulging is never a good thing!
I decided to try eating out.  I went to Red Lobster and didn't eat the cheddar bay biscuits, I had a salad without dressing, grilled shrimp, asparagus, baked potato, one drink.  I felt so good!  Rockstar ate my biscuits, such a good Rockstar, taking away the temptation.  Later that evening I caved.  I had too much of not a good thing.  I ate apple pie, and chicken nuggets, why oh why did I do this?  I felt so bad afterward and sick today.  Even though I keep telling myself how not worth getting sick it is, I keep doing this about once a week, I cave!  Moral of the story?  Indulge... go ahead... indulge in love, indulge in friendship... indulge in hobbies and exercise, but when it comes to food, Over indulging will only lead to regret.  Replace that temptation with a new TV series and some natural popcorn!  My husband and I started watching 24 together.  I look forward to this more than ice cream or pastries!  Its our little way of rewarding ourselves after a long day of eating healthy!  I've also been watching Dexter.  Once you realize that you can reward yourself in other ways, you will be golden!

2 comments:

CJ said...

I had a fudge-nut bar from the DQ. My Hubby & daughter went and I said "no thank you", but they still brought me something. I was making granola. I should have just put it in the freezer and had some granola in yogurt. I'm so weak...tomorrow is a new day.

Unknown said...

You aren't weak! You are human... man o man, my problem is though that once I start I just keep going day after day... so I have to stay on track! Oh being human...