Monday, May 24, 2010

Oatmeal Shmoatmeal! Rockstars Shining Moment!

        Someone point me in the right direction!  I have been trying to eat oatmeal for years.  I just bought 100% natural Irish rolled oats and poured the box into an airtight container and added 1 tablespoon of cinnamon to store for each morning.  Yesterday I added 100% pure maple syrup and raisins... I didn't like it!  Today I added a tablespoon of peanut butter and did not like it!  I know that I want to eat this oh so nutritious breakfast, but I just can't get past the 4th spoonful.  I refuse to add sugar, but maybe its the only way?  Is there anyone else who may have this problem?  The thing is, I crave it, but when I make a steaming bowl and try to dig in, I am left gagging.  Oh Oatmeal, perhaps we weren't meant to be.

       Rockstar spends almost all of his time from 2pm to sometimes 2am making music, however, he is always sure to be the best husband and father he can be when he is able to be home with us.  Latest example, and oh what a man he is, our flaming dryer!  My husband never calls a plumber, or any kind of repair man available.  He can fix ANYTHING!  I was going insane thinking of what to do the other morning when my dryer went up in flames.  I laid laundry out all over the house.  My girlfriend, we will call her Vegan Goddess, came over the other day, and bless her heart didn't give notice to the bright orange underwear hanging on the back of the chair her little Aspen was sitting on!
      Any hoot, I thought my not very old dryer was a goner, it didn't even tumble dry more than one towel at a time anymore!  My Rockstar, oh how I love him, had from 7:30 to dark to fix this mess in the garage, he had it taken apart, hoses changed and cleaned out by 9pm and NO JOKE, the thing now dries an entire huge load of towels in one cycle???  I cannot believe how lucky I am... I mean look at him up there, absolutely nothing hotter than a man with a guitar who sings AND is good with his hands.  People, he can even fix computers... this guy is GOOD!

6 comments:

CJ said...

I eat steal cut oatmeal...it has a nutty texture instead of flakes...I also add a tablespoon of brown sugar. Have you tried the granola yet...I can eat that every morning with ricemilk over it:}

Have you ever tried Stevia? It's a sweet herb. When I make iced tea I use Sun Cryatals. It's part Stevia and part pure cane sugar (5 cal. per pack). I was drinking a lot of diet Lipton green tea. I didn't like drinking all the chemical sweetner, and I didn't want all the sugar from the regular tea...so I bought a Mr. Coffee iced tea maker. When I make 3 qts. of tea it has 25 calories in it. I can drink that much in a day too. I'm not a coffee drinker, and I drink very little diet soda since I started making my own iced tea.

Unknown said...

We had to postpone the shopping until Wednesday morning because Rockstar picked up some guitar lessons! So I grabbed some oatmeal and some rice and fish and veggies in the twenty minutes I had to run out LOL! I know I will like it, because I love the packaged stuff!!
I should try the steal cut... for some reason I didn't realize there was a difference until you told me haha.

Oh and Vegan Goddess was just telling me about Stevia, I want to try it. I live on Unsweetened green tea and water. Soda tastes gross to me now that they've changed it so much. I make koolaid for the kids and wondered if that would be a good change for them? If its safe... there is so much controversy about sweeteners, but I haven't heard much about that.

Unknown said...

I was looking and all I need is the nuts, fruit, honey... and rolled oats hmmm... are those like what I just bought... Ill have to see :)

Unknown said...

Have you tried mashing a ripe banana in your oatmeal? I didn't eat oatmeal until I was pregnant with my 4th baby. I avoided all sugar and discovered that a mashed banana makes oatmeal delicious!

Thank you for following my RMKK Companion blog! I hope you will stop by often.

Peace,
Marlene
http//www.rockymountainkidskorner.com

Unknown said...

Update... I tried it with milk and brown sugar and was able to eat it.... LOL... sweet tooth!

a Bohemian Market said...

Hi Jesi:
I just read about you on the AOL featured article about revenge : )
I am going to follow you : )
Now, I love oatmeal; the flake kind and I use some brown sugar or Agave nectar. Agave nectar is from the cactus plant that tequila is made from : ) My daughter uses it with her quinoa or also uses Stevia.
I do not like Stevia as it is too sweet and I drink everything unsweetened. I will drink some of her Dr. Zevia natural diet soda once in a great while but not very often. I never drink regular soda's.
You definitely have a great husband; rock star and a super fix it man!!!
Your sons are gorgeous too!!!
peace
carole